Wednesday, September 24, 2014

To Plant a Seed

I can't wait to see,
All the things you'll do.
Learn from your mistakes,
Walk tall through the grass
And every eerie lake that you walk past.

Stronger than I,
I hope that when I die,
You can let go of my hand,
and put me to rest,
So I can watch what you will do best,
Deep beneath the hot weeping sands.


I fear that I'll fail,
I fear that you'll be,
What I most hated.
A kid with no love
Whose shadow always trailing,
Whose love willingly traded,
For another shot at danger,
regardless of what's at stake,
Seeking hate instead of saviors.

Happiness is not as far away as I'd like to think.
Maybe one day, I will show you the way,
To sleep soundly,
To think profoundly,
To love like no else does.

Maybe one day,
I can resurrect you from the grave,
That my love has made for you.
It was my fault too.

At least in my head,
You are alive and well,
Living life, raising hell.
At least in my head,
My head.

No comments:

Post a Comment