Tuesday, September 30, 2014

If You Want Me To Slow Down

I could be curt,
and not cut you in line.
But when will I
Learn to justify,
That giving is as good as getting,
but you're not getting any better,
so why should I give at all?

I could pretend to let live,
And live with regret.
I could pretend that you had died.
That wouldn't change you or I,
This truth, a moth to flame,
Unwavering was my escape.

Got a good god damn job,
Got a cold fucking bed,
Just glad I got a place to lay my hot heaving head.

Got a stiffness to my breath,
Got a sickness stuck in my chest,
But hey, at least I had you...
And her, and she, and that bottle of booze,
The only one who misses me.

Don't worry, fine is how I feel all the time.
You can ask, just relax.
I'm fine, all the time now.
I'm fine, all the time, some how.

No comments:

Post a Comment