Friday, September 19, 2014

Always Us, Never Them

As a mountain,
I stood tall.
Conquering anything,
In my grasp.

As a flood,
I tore up,
The roots of once was
the great green grass.

Too many nights,
On cold hard ground.
Too many times,
Blacked out.

Light screaming through my eye lids,
Open them up to deal with what I did.
You always told me to slow down,
Before I got caught up choking, and now,
As the darkness has come,
I am undone. I am undone.

As a trail,
I gave way,
To every weary traveler
Every fleeting day.

As the wind,
I blew across each state,
Looking for purpose in my namesake.

Light screaming through my eye lids,
Open them up to deal with what I did.
You always held my hand,
Even as blood dripped to my disgust and,
The darkness has come once again,
Could never wash away the skeletons.

I am undone,
I am the only one.
I am alive,
Although I'd sacrifice
Given the chance to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment