Saturday, September 27, 2014

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Gone, but not forgotten.
It leaves a life sized wound.
I've dreamed,
Of squeezing it through.

Only a tar pit,
Could ever put me at ease.
The grand place of existence,
A high kept secret,
Amongst the small framed,
I am not afraid.

I can taste it,
A chemical change,
Oh why, do I,
Have to be burdened with,
Caring for you.

All I've got,
Is a heart filled with loss,
and everytime,
I drop a line,
To see how you are,
I remember the scars.

You say I love you,
At the end of every deep endearing phone call,
My body at the moment,
Rejects, wishing you could protect me,
From the demons that consume me.

I project,
An image of conforming,
To the idea,
That you'll be there,
No matter how unfair my mood might be.

But hey...
This was never about me,
I am a byproduct.
And I accept the ineptitude
Of my lackless gratitude,
To the granduer of all things great.

So let us pretend,
That the end,
Ain't as far as it is close.
Cause I am the best that you could do,
And when put to rest,
There is nothing left for us to do..
But accept this truth.
I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment