Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Shaking Me Out of My Sleep

I'd stay,
If caving in was worth waiting.
I would pray,
If being forgiven was my number one.
I've lost my way, as I held my tongue.

This was not my idea,
Of having a good time.
But I left the alter,
In the nick, through the thick of things.

So cheers to the future us,
Maybe one of the two,
Will make a baby who,
Understands this deeply shallow life.

I've no clue,
Who I was when I was that dude.
I am running out of air to breathe,
But atleast I can come clean when I know I'm wrong,
The bridge we burned was never really that strong.

I'm the best I can be,
We are our best when we would leave things at rest.
And as we put the truth to test,
Slowing down was what worked out in the end.

My teeth dig in,
To the letter,
Every dotted i,
Every t crossed right.
Cheeks spread to show my grin yet,
I've got pressure holding my heavy chest down.

What a way to go,
At the edge of a sword.
At the end of a pen.
What a way to go,
To the end of the edge of the unknown.
The end of the edge of everything we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment