Friday, September 12, 2014

All the Difference (You've Made)

Took a page out of memory lane,
Written by an ink master with no name.
You've seen every shade of me,
From my darkest hour, to my lightest fifteen minutes of fame,
In which I displayed not a shred of resemblance to shame.

Yesterday there was a man,
Who was walking on the opposite side of the street.
I thought to myself, has he seen hell like me?
But who knows what the fuck that really means.

No one is perfect,
Yet we pretend that faking it is worth it.
So I hang my head, in hopes,
That in the end, I'll let it all go.
Struggling with words on the edge of my phone,
Yeah maybe one day, we will let it go,
But who really knows?

I saw someone, whose face reflecting
A flickering trace of my own distaste for being alive.
To my surprise, I bared my teeth,
Laughing it off as we passed sleeve to sleeve.

No one is perfect,
Yet you can catch me pretending that faking it
Will fill me with something else than my own shit.
You can try to get the bottle out of my mouth,
But I always find a way to keep it off the ground.

Liquor perfume, tainted scent of cigarettes.
My choice of "Go fuck yourself" and forget.
Where has all the time went?

Yesterday I had it all figured out,
Had no incentives nor doubts.
Would have given away ever dollar to my name,
For value is placed only in the things you choose to lose,
Unfortunately all I'm losing is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment