Monday, September 15, 2014

In Through My Nose and Out of My Mouth

Losing sight, going blind,
Can't even sort out these blank thoughts of mine.
I bathe in the wake, taking up space.
Sacrificed light pales in persistence.

Speaking in tongues,
Crossing my fingers, numb.
Black thick taking names from up above,
As below us crumbles back to nothing, dust.

I wade through lakes of fire,
Trying to locate where you are.
Burdened by a heavy heart,
Given up everything I once was,
Just for one more taste of us.

I can see it taking a toll,
My skin in wrinkles.
My breath filled with smoke,
Choking on every line of a bad joke.

Count me in, I'm out of refrain.
I used to pretend to accept the disdain.
Where happiness was, a new picture I paint.
You look so pretty in your new grave,
Fingers engaged to hands not of my own.

Is it ok that "dead to me",
is all that you'll remember of me?
I think not, but I won't stop,
Even after I got caught,
My own worst critic,
Maybe one day it'll be ok just to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment