Thursday, July 17, 2014

We don't want to be

Here I am, alone.
My only friend a pair of headphones.
I've had lovers, and genuine brothers,
Their paths lack function in my new math.
I'll always have their backs, even when mine is bare.
I won't be scared, to take these steps ahead of me.

We would dance all night,
Drink till our pants dropped out of sight.
We would laugh with the rising sun,
Till having fun was our number one priority.
And as majority would have it,
Us young kids would cause havoc.
Erasing the sadness with madness and glossy eyed smiles.

Here I stand, pockets filled with hands.
Shoulders shrugged at what has become.
Days slink by as I think on good times.
Each memory as blessed as the last,
What I would give for another glance,
but fair is fair, and I wouldn't dare to chance.

On clouds we'd stay,
With a room filled with warm talk.
Often we would play,
Always chasing the ticking clock.
And when we ran out of words,
Our souls would converse,
Till our stomachs hurt.

Can't I still love three thousand miles away?
Is it too much to ask for you to love me back?
Is it an insecurity developed from abandonment?
Can't place me on a shelf in a glass cabinet,
Live on the same planet, Sometimes...
Yeah we do, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment