Thursday, July 17, 2014

This Place

Hide behind a clenched fist,
All my wisdom I've learned is listless,
A few years too late, god as my witness
But I am open to suggestion and debate.
I will close my mouth and refrain,
Unwilling to relate.

Hide behind a closed door,
Hoping that the people I loved are no more.
So I can stop feeling, and reeling by my heart.
Strung out and afraid, life is hard, and death is swift,
I'd give my soul for that one sweet kiss,
That held value like it once did when I was a stupid kid.

Hide behind these walls of mine.
Worked so hard to define, got a ghost of a disguise.
It was in your eyes! The words of betrayal
That left my mouth, wretched and stale, a stench was left in your nose.
But I suppose pupil and teacher are the same, at each end
We pretend to not know and place blame.
Yet we always knew what it would boil down to.
Who am I and who are you?
What is this fucked up place we were born into?
At first it felt right, then I lost sight.
Who am I and who are you?
I guess I'll hide behind these walls of mine,
Till I decide it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment