Thursday, July 17, 2014

Embers

Masses pile on the make up,
In hopes to erase who they are.
Told to hold on to standards that they themselves
Had no choice in creating,
What is the point in faking?
There is no risk in placating
the ads and fads of yesterday.
I want to be myself today.

Take the blood from my veins,
Decode my so "complex" DNA.
Tell me we aren't the same.
I'll give love like a last breath every time.
Knife in hand, or just yours and mine, intertwined.
Hate is a monster, a disease, spread by those
Who have lived to be deceived, not me,

Seek not greed, but the things that make you happy.
Yes I know, believing is a travesty, a tragedy.
But it is all madness if you lack faith.
Whether it be to some unknown god in space,
Or your own inner strength, all it takes is hope.
Hope that humanity will prove that the light
that shines, is far more bright than the evil that
lurks inside.

It is in us all. It seeps, burning deep, plaguing our dreams while we sleep wishing, wanting us to fail.
To cling onto the darkness as frail, fragile things.
That sadness never lasts, all you have to do is believe.
Believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment