Thursday, July 17, 2014

Caught in the Thought Process

I was caught looking in,
My temple turned prison.
I picked my poisons,
I caged up my heart.
Knowing from the start,
That it would fall apart.

Some say it is easy,
Most know it is hard.
But I believe that what is meant to be,
is concealed until you need it to be seen.

People like lessons, make you weak,
But only for a second. So I stay strong,
On my path to peace, so that when I lay my head on a final piece of fabric, I can whisper to the wind, I am broken but I had it.

In my hands, in my chest.
Coursing through each and every breath.
On the way in, on the way out,
Each step lifted with no fear of doubt.

I was caught looking in,
My temple turned prison.
I picked the poisons out of my heart,
Knowing I was going to restart.

No comments:

Post a Comment