Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's All Gone

It was the breeze that carried home.
A stain of rain lingering in my nose.
A taste of whiskey I have yet to forget.
Needed something cold to warm my broken bones.


Skin like silk, frictionless.
The medicine stopped so I pictured it.
Two bodies, two minds, all at once they were combined.
I am seizing, foaming at the mouth.
That word laced now with frigid doubt.


Looking through the glass,
I saw ground, wind whipping past.
Finally happy to feel something real.
As sadness does have quite the appeal.


Skin like silk, frictionless.
Hot breath shaking my ear,
Hard pressed a present fear.
Can't we just sleep through the night?


No more appetite, no more dreams.
Another visit from the silent thief.
It seems that everyone has the key,
To the chamber of the queen.
Except for me, it's all gone,
Except for me. Rejecting, accepting,
Impressing, undressing me.
It's all gone except for me.


Finger jammed on the panic button.
Got the bible and a bottle in the oven.
You reap what you sow, reap what you sow.
Are we even now, can't remember how.
Are we even now, can't remember now,
Used to be so proud, of me.


-Austin Larriba

1 comment: