Friday, October 31, 2014

What Would You Even Say? (If We Had Never Gone Astray)

I am standing on the edge,
Of everything.
What was that last thing you had said?
I think it went something along the lines of,
Do I matter, and do you even love?
I tried to listened, but I tend to let you down.

As I trudge this forgotten street,
I find myself on my knee's,
Wishing I was back at home.
Only knowing in my brain,
That those days have washed away.

Where do I get off,
Thinking we could conquer this modern world?
I am only a man, and you were only a girl.
Forever destined to be fighting each other,
Like the two of us have had no other.

I look inside every day,
For the strength.
I die a little as time
Pushes the bond between us,
Even further away.

Where do I get off?
Thinking that we could conquer this modern world?
I am only a man, and you were only a girl.
Forever destined to be fighting,
Like we had no chance, We had one another,
Like we had no choice, I am only a man..

I look inside every day,
For the strength.
I die a little as time,
Pushes us even further away.
Even further each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment