Saturday, October 11, 2014

Golden Watch (And I Smile Yet Still)

Fantasies, an acceptance of ease.
Starting to piece it all together,
Lost on the coast of forever.
An ocean overflowing,
Causing erosion on my mental cliffs,
Standing on the edge, waiting for it.

Clutched with vice grips,
Flower blooms, out of my finger tips.
Never is never really that long,
Or even half as much as they say.

Waist deep,
No longer pretending to sleep,
Fully awakened from my darkest dreams.
An hour glass an hour past curfew.

If I had the chance,
To do it all again,
I'd give it my all and then some,
Even though I'm no one,
Special at all.

My greatest achievement,
Being a ghost.
A shadow who,
Is glued to the telephone.
Maybe just one call,
Wouldn't hurt you,
At all.

I would trade,
All the stars in our gracious space,
For another glance,
At that precious face,
My words misplaced,
Just like always.

When I get back from,
My holiday,
We can take turns blaming,
Each other.
As long as you are ok,
With waiting.

Is this cage so blatantly hanging,
Round my head?
Where's my next step?

Is it ok if I,
Eat every chapter that we,
So easily prepare?
Unattended conscientious,
Liquid confidence,
You put me on my knee's,
Barring my perfectly crooked teeth!

Upset stomach,
Anxiety like sheets,
Every need covering me,
From head to toe.

In death I'm not even sorry though...
You had me,
You had me.
And I smile yet still.

No comments:

Post a Comment