Monday, August 11, 2014

The Jester and the King

Take what I can from the daylight,
Gotta find the humor in the bad things,
Gotta find a way to stay happy.

Don't mind giving back, give you all my time.
All I ask, is that we kick back like we always do,
Killin' it, chillin', livin' with love on those lazy days,
the hardest part is waking up, we make the biggest mistakes.

It ain't about falling down, it's about keeping solid ground.
Keep your word, stay true, don't forget what we been through.

I stay hung up on what we've built,
Empty handed, no dollar bills,
Just cheap drinks and good company.
If you put your trust in me, I do the same,
That way when we face the good fight,
We know our true side, cause when we die,
I'll be holding tight, steady eyed,
Knowing all along, that the price was right.

It ain't about falling down, it's about keeping solid ground.
Keep your word, stay true, don't forget what we been through.

I got bruises heavy, head injuries, plenty.
Seen my fair share of world class nightmares.
But I got this old boy, he got my back.
When the bullets spread, he's on attack.
Give me what he has, fat stacks, thirty racks.
No matter the objections, his soul forever projecting,
All I see is streams of gold, worth protecting.

I know when this skin crumbles back to the earth,
This fire will burn, and all the people who hurt will learn,
That some things will never change.

Let go, echo, I said let go.
It all ends one day, might as well be happy.
Let go, echo, I said let go.
Might as well be happy, each chapter, an aftermath of mapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment