Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Lavender Child

There's something in the water.
There's something in the air.
Something unfamiliar,
Something over there.

With a crooked finger,
Nose turned to the sky,
A scent so sweetly lingers,
A gleam to catch my eye.

Hidden by oaken strangers,
Far from visions peak,
Through the mountains under,
There's a darkness that seeps.

What has awoken me from slumber,
Blinded by a weary state.
Not rain nor thunder, snow or sleet,
Could have awoken me from my deep sleep.

There's something in the water,
There's something in the air.
Something unfamiliar,
Through twisted tree's it stares.

Is it beast or demon
Alive or dead?
I hear it breathing
Lamenting blood shed.

Guts spoiled, heart beating on hinges.
Head hot, fist clenched, grim cringes.
I thrust into the under brush,
Daggers drawn, the moment rushed,
Held my tongue, as there it was.
So close, but not close enough!

Back through the woods,
Back to the lake.
I lay my head once more,
Waiting for the bait.

No comments:

Post a Comment